They have a downloadable client that takes all the worry out of setup.
But you know me. I’d rather do it myself.
Android Authority has a good article on how to setup a VPN on Windows 10 without the client.
Here are the steps:
Step-by-step instructions on how to set up a VPN on Windows 10:
1. Click the Start button and select the “Settings” option.
2. Click “Network & Internet.”
3.Select the “VPN” option and then click “Add a VPN connection.”
4. Select “Windows (built-in)” from the “VPN provider” drop-down list.
5. Type a name of choice in the “Connection name” field.
6. Add in a “Server name or address” — get the info from your VPN provider.
7. Select the “Automatic” option under “VPN type.”
8. Select one of the “Type of sign-in info” options — “User name and password” in most cases.
9. Add in your “User name” and “Password.”
10. Click the “Save” button to finish the process.
To connect to a VPN server you’ve set up, go to Settings > Network & Internet > VPN, select the VPN connection you want to use, and then click the “Connect” button. Alternatively, you can click the network icon in the taskbar, select a VPN connection, and click “Connect.”
When you’re done, be sure to go to WhatIsMyIP and check your IP address.
I use ProXPN’s Toronto server and get 100Mbps.
Originally published at https://blog.benmoore.info.